Thankful 15. Here’s Mine, What’s Yours?
So Thanksgiving is this week – so we should be thankful. Did ya’ hear? With that in mind, I thought it would be good to compile a list of things I am thankful for. I encourage you to do the same and post it on your blog.
Feel free to comment on this post and let’s see if we can get a hashtag trending this week.
With all that said, here’s my #Thankful15.
I am thankful (in no specific order)…
- For my wife, kids and all the wonderful people I am blessed with being able to call family and/or friend.
- For my doctor’s quick action getting me examined, prepped for and into surgery for appendicitis before my appendix burst and the quick recovery time that followed.
- For the He-Man Woman Haters Club Annual Camping and Kayak Weekend. It’s the one weekend a year where I laugh like a sixth grader without anxiety or worries over anything in the while word – I get a lot of fellowship and personal devotion time with God at different points during the journey.
- For the many things my mother taught me about life, the world and myself.
- For my employment with a wonderful company at 3Rivers FCU where there’s a dedicated team of people who develop each other and those we serve.
- For my church family at St. Andrew EPC who has mentored and guided my spiritual growth in so many ways. I would not be half the person I am today without the men and women I’ve known over the many years of joining together in fellowship and worship of God.
- For my experiences at The Market Research Event (TMRE) where I made dozens of great connections, learned many valuable things for my career and enjoyed the wonderful Orlando weather with my wife.
- For connecting virtually and in real-life with wonderful fellow bloggers/writers like Jed Jurchenko, Kirby Ingles, Dave Arnold, Scott Sprunger, Erik Tyler, Susanne Maynes, Alexi George, Joy Neasley, and more.
- For seasons; both in nature and in life. More specifically, I’m thankful for the realization that no season is eternal. They exist to continually grow and renew us. That understanding makes handling and moderating change in life so much easier.
- For rare moments of downtime where there is no place to be, people to see, things to do or obligations to keep. Dead batteries are nothing more than dangerous paper weights. Take time to recharge every now and then.
- For role models. I’m talking about real people whom I look up to both up close and afar. I draw inspiration from them, learn from them, try to emulate them and generally be a better person in honor of them. Some know who they are. Others would be surprised to know I consider them as such.
- For you. Because you’re reading this right now. Thanks! I so appreciate it. Please share.
- Dreams that have come true and for the dreams where it’s better they didn’t come true. So glad God is smarter than me.
- Thanks to web videos and the many people who have made how-to videos on YouTube, I have been able to tackle many things I would have had to pay someone to fix or would have had to pay to replace.
- For the assurance that God is always with me. Preparing me. Guiding me. Refining me. Shaping me into a masterpiece of the ultimate author and creator.
About Chad Gramling
Chad Gramling makes his home in Indiana with his wife and three daughters. He's the founder and primary blogger at 1Glories, a vision cast onto his heart and detailed in Listen Up Kids: Foolish Dreams, Syncing with God & Running to Win.