Introducing the 2017 Year of Listening Up (YLU)
Thanks to a successful Year of Listening Up (#YLU) during 2016, I’ve super excited to share the topic lineup for 2017. I’m doubly excited because, in addition to some topics I have personally selected from my own life lessons, 2017’s YLU will feature four topics that were selected by vote from the 1Glories Swarm!
What is the Year of Listening Up (YLU)?
At the end of my book, Listen Up Kids, I share twelve life lessons that I highlight within the narrative. I dedicated the following year (2016) to spending a month on each one of those lessons to explore them in more detail. Readers of 1Glories were encouraged to join me in by commenting, guest posting and more. The goal was to help others learn to “listen up” to where, why and how God leads us. It’s a message that’s relevant to all of God’s kids.
Below is the lineup of topics along with the tentative month in which they will be covered. Looking forward to another great year of refining life, on purpose filled with growth, inspiration and connection!
The Topics We’ll Cover in #YLU17
- Cast Hooks in the Direction of Future (JAN)
- Look with a Mirror Instead of a Microscope (FEB) – Swarm Pick!
- Take Out the Earbuds (MAR)
- See Individuals, Not Crowds (APR) – Swarm Pick!
- Create a Future That Defies Present Circumstances (MAY)
- Trust the Engineer When the Train Enters a Dark Tunnel (JUN)
- Find Value in Disaster (JUL) – Swarm Pick!
- Find Proper Balance (AUG)
- Build People Up… & Don’t Tear Them Down (SEPT)
- Don’t Overlook Ordinary (OCT) – Swarm Pick!
- Watch for Evidence of God (NOV)
- Let Anxiety be Your Teacher (DEC)
How You Can Join #YLU17
1. Read & Participate in the Year of Listening Up.
Visit 1Glories each Monday to read the week’s post. Please comment on what you read and share. This page serves as the “hub” for the project. Each post will be added as we go so you to catch up on what you’ve missed. Psst! It might be a good idea to subscribe to this blog’s posts.
2. Do a Guest Post here at 1Glories.
That’s right, if any of these life lessons resonate with you and your life, I would love to feature your wisdom on 1Glories and link back to you r blog/site. This is a great way to share your story, connect with other bloggers and grow together in refining life, on purpose.
3. Share Posts on Your Social Media Platforms (Like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Pinterest, etc.). There are buttons on every page and post of 1Glories that allows you to share. Just click the one you want to share the post on and by following a couple of simple steps, you’ve shared the post to your friends and followers.
4. Get in the Swarm. The 1Glories Swarm is a (usually) once a month publication that I use to keep readers updated and provide some free content or resources from time-to-time. I even give you freebies just for signing up!
About Chad Gramling
Chad Gramling makes his home in Indiana with his wife and three daughters. He's the founder and primary blogger at 1Glories, a vision cast onto his heart and detailed in Listen Up Kids: Foolish Dreams, Syncing with God & Running to Win.